“To JK Rowling, from Cho Chang” by Rachel Rostad
Regardless of your opinion on the Harry Potter books (I’ve been madly in love with them since way back in elementary), you should watch this video. Be sure to actually listen to the poet and not immediately jump to the defense of the books that you love. It’s okay to love something and acknowledge that it has flaws.
….You realize, of course, that Hermione Granger lit a teacher on fire when she was eleven, and kept a person alive in a jar for a year when she was fourteen, and studies dark and forbidden magics for kicks, and is one of the brightest and strongest witches of her era. If she came at me, even wandless, I would aparate to Neptune to get away from her.
Hermione Granger also:
- punched Draco Malfoy in the nose for being an idiot
- purposefully performed a confundus charm on whatshsface WHILE HE WAS FLYING just so Ron would win (omfg that is so fucking dangerous)
- literally pulled a fucking Bourne Identity on her parents and managed to set them up in fucking Australia (jesus christ she literally made it so that she NEVER EXISTED wtf that’s so fucking 007)
- Convinced the Ministry of Magic to give her an incredibly dangerous and volatile device that allowed her to ALTER TIMELINES COMPLETELY (just because she was so smart, literally, that is the reason, her “potential”)
- Has enough basic survival skills and badass magic to literally disappear to the middle of nowhere and flourish AND figure out Voldemort’s plot with Harry
- Hermione also figures out not only what Voldemort’s plan is, but generally how to beat it, WAY BEFORE VOLDEMORT EVER DOES. Why? because she is just that much smarter and better at magic than everybody else
in conclusion: Voldemort wishes he could be as awesome as Hermione, that’s why he wants to kill her so bad.
Can we rehave this series with hermione as the protagonist.
Hermione Granger and “That Time I Used the Power of Research and Deductive Reasoning to Make Sure Harry Didn’t Die”
Hermione Granger and “That time I figured shit out and literally ended up petrified for the cause and it took my friends weeks to figure out that I had the research on me”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I Was a Time Lord”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I Realized I was Hot and Smart and Saved Harry’s Ass with Research. Again. All the Time. Really, He Would Have Died Without Me.”
Hermione Granger and “That time Harry was too emo to actually do shit so I did shit in his name because I am the power behind the throne clearly also PS fought evil deatheaters and won”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I told Harry about the Dangers of Copying off Somebody’s else’s work that wasn’t mine and OH LOOK I WAS RIGHT”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I let Harry Decide Where to Go and What To do and we ended up wandering the forests of dean for like 5 months before saving his ass at Hogwarts”
this is how i really imagined him
wow okay yes.
Nathan Fillion & Harry Potter ©
Nathan Fillion is like the most amazing Nerd Model ever. If this picture doesn’t prove that, nothing will.
OK AT THIS POINT I AM CONVINCED THAT TRELAWNEY IS A 100% LEGIT SEER
you know what else
in greek mythology there was a seer named Cassandra who was given her powers by the god Apollo, and Apollo later cursed her so that nobody would believe any of her prophecies, which all turned out to be true, when she refused to sleep with him.
what’s trelawney’s great-grandmother’s name? CASSANDRA.
CAN WE ALL APPRECIATE TRELAWNEY RIGHT NOW
jesus christ that’s really fucking awesome alright holy shit
I AHVE BEEN WEAITING FOR THIS FOR FOREVER OMF
Are you with the
Harry Potter in the books vs. Harry Potter in the movies, from artist Robin Tatlow-Lord (h/t HuffPost Books)
An entire chapter of Harry Potter written under the stairs.